- Eildon Festival of Paddling -5 – 8th Jan 06/12/2022Hi all So dust off you multi sport, wildwater tk1,tk2, sk1, creek canoe, sea kayaks and river boats and join us for a fun time in the downriver events , head 2 head creek boat, and the bridge to bridge marathon event. We will also have come & trys and whitewater skills sessions. 5-8 Jan […]
- RESULTS – Victorian Slalom Championships 27th November 2022 27/11/2022Results from 2022 Vic Champs: 2022 Vic Championships Results The conditions aligned! Fantastic river level and weather. Thanks to everyone that made this event possible: course design, set up/pack up, race volunteers, competitors. It was a great team effort. Thanks to Andrew Stamp for the photo.
- 2022 Bendigo Cup – Friendly Sprints – PV 5KM report 24/11/20222022 Bendigo Cup – Friendly Sprints – PV 5KM report It was very pleasing to see 120 paddlers on the water after challenging times! This year there has been many challenges for Victorian paddlers and clubs, due to weather and the devastating floods Victoria have endured. Many events have been cancelled To our surprise we […]
- Beau Miles webinar – 5th Dec 2022 22/11/2022Filmmaker, outdoor adventurer, paddler and lover of recycled wood and op shop shirts, Beau can turn anything into an adventure and a laugh, while championing environmental sustainability. In this webinar (talk + Q&A), Beau will talk about the making of his film Bad River (about litter in the Cooks River) and how you can combine […]
- OLYMPIAN BERNADETTE WALLACE ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT FROM ELITE PADDLING 08/12/2022Tokyo Olympian Bernadette Wallace has announced her retirement from elite paddling. Bernadette, aged 33, found a ‘home’ in paddlesports, after envying her older brother Ken’s (Olympic gold medalist) international adventures. Jumping head first into the sport, Bernadette quickly found her way onto the Australian Junior team in 2006 and 2007 seasons, before moving into the […]
- Wood to Return to Olympic Boats at Canoe Sprint GP1 in Adelaide 07/12/2022The domestic summer of Canoe Sprint begins this weekend with Grand Prix 1 (GP1) at West Lakes in Adelaide from 9 – 11 December. GP1 marks the start of the domestic national season, which will see athletes begin their season in Adelaide, before heading to Penrith (NSW) in January for GP2, which doubles as a […]
- IOC Coaches Lifetime Achievement Award 2022 presented to canoe coach Myriam Fox-Jerusalmi 01/12/2022The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has awarded its Coaches Lifetime Achievement Award 2022 to Myriam Fox-Jerusalmi (France/Australia, canoe) and Malcolm Brown MBE (Great Britain, triathlon) for their outstanding support for and mentoring of Olympic athletes. Myriam Fox-Jerusalmi has been coaching for 25 years, leading her athletes to 12 world titles and four Olympic medals. Myriam […]